Need To Make World of Warcraft (WoW) Run Faster, Smoother, And Get Better FPS? Follow Our Guide!
We want to answer a question we get pretty often about World of Warcraft video settings and how to make WoW run faster. PC gamers with entry level video cards often ask us, how do I make my WoW graphics look better on my PC while still getting good FPS? Here we will try to break it down to a simple FPS improving process for you to follow. The goal is to run WoW as close to 60 FPS as possible while maintaining a nice, crisp appearance.
1. Go to a city in World of Warcraft that is populated by a lot of players and click on the game menu then system then graphics and Start by moving the video settings bar all the way to the left to Low / 1.
2. Put texture filtering on Bilinear.
3. In advanced, make sure your render scale is at 100%.
4. Go back to Graphics and put your texture resolution on High. Are you getting around 60 FPS? If not, lower this to Medium then proceed to step 5.
5. Make sure you are using DirectX 11 in advanced options.
6. Put your particle density setting on High. This setting makes the game look substantially better. If at this point you are around 60 FPS or better you can up some of the other settings like view distance.
7. A good setting to have turned up is the view distance but this setting will drop your FPS so do so cautiously. Lower this to see a drastic increase in frames per second.
8. Now just experiment turning the other settings up and down to see how they affect your FPS in WoW.
9. To check to see if you have the latest video card drivers try using the free version of Driver Booster.
10. After you update all your drivers, Defragment your Hard Drive using the Windows App and restart your PC.
If your PC still can’t do the job then please take a look at our custom gaming PC options.