When building a custom gaming PC it is important to know the computer hardware required to play your favorite game or use your favorite program. Certainly, the most important part of your gaming PC is the video card. But how do you know which video cards will do the job? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer, but there are a few easy steps to take to determine the level of video card you will need. Below is a simplified guide to picking the right video card.
1. Google the system requirements for the game you want to play such as League of Legends.
2. Make note of the video cards it recommends. Recommended cards can usually play the game on medium settings. Whereas minimum requirements cards will typically play the game on the lowest settings.
3. Google the specifications of the recommended card. Look for amount of memory (1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB), type (GDDR3, GDDR5, HBM), and number of stream processors or cuda cores.
4. Compare video cards because now you have a starting point (i.e., information collected in step 3).
6. Pick your card. If you want a card that can play the game slightly better than medium settings then jump up to the next highest number model in the series. In general, for those who do not know a lot about video card technologies, it is best to stick with the newer generation video card to make sure you get the best that is available.
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for please strongly consider buying AMD Radeon video cards because they usually deliver the best bang for your dollar.
Visit our custom gaming PC page to test out our PC builder.